Let's discover together parts of this beautiful, vibrant, historic city, Athens! My city... :-)Take a look at our Athens trip itinerary site to schedule your visit to Nikos' Free Walking Tour in Athens and learn about what else to see and do during your holiday.
We will see Athens through the ancient myths and stories, roam where great Athenian philosophers taught, discover some gems from the Byzantine period of the city, learn about the first years of the modern Greek State and watch the continuity of the city's life through the centuries!
We will admire some classical and neoclassical buildings, landmarks of the city of Athens, but we will also get (happily) lost in the labyrinth of the 19th-century, picturesque neighbourhoods of Athens, in the shade of the Acropolis!
So, join me, Nikos: a passionate local (amateur) guide, who loves roaming around his city and talking about its past and present! The tour is tip-based so everyone can join! ;-)
1) We will NOT enter any arcaeological sites (like the Acropolis) or museums during the walking tour.
2) This is a free walking tour. There is no charge. However, voluntary contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated.
3) The length of the tour is about 3 hours (depends on how loudly you will shout "encore"...) ;-)
4) The meeting point is at Syntagma Square, the very centre of Athens, easily accessible by metro (blue & red lines), tram, bus or on foot.
5) In order to check the availability of a walking that fits you best, please send us an e-mail (click the button above), mentioning when you could join a tour (alternative dates and hours) as well as how many people you are. The earlier the better.
Nikos' Free Walking Tour in Athens Reviews
Nikos gave a wonderful tour of the historical center of Athens, tying in both ancient and modern history, etymology, and interesting facts about Athens. The tour is a bit off the beaten path and... more »
My partner and I had a great time with Nikos, he took us to a lot of great locations and his knowledge on history and mythology was great too! We even went into a couple of churches too! Would highly.... more »
Places to stay near Nikos' Free Walking Tour in Athens
Plan your trip to Athens
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
See all ›
Hidden gems in Athens
See all ›
See all ›
See all ›
Nearby attractions in Athens
Plans to Nikos' Free Walking Tour in Athens by other users
1 day in Athens BY A USER FROM ISRAEL February, popular sights PREFERENCES: February ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in Athens BY A USER FROM ISRAEL February, popular sights PREFERENCES: February ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Athens BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA September, popular sights PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in Athens BY A USER FROM ISRAEL January, popular sights PREFERENCES: January ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in Athens BY A USER FROM ISRAEL December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 2 days in Athens BY A USER FROM ISRAEL November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium